At Alstons Shipping Ltd, the health and safety of our employees, business partners, clients and the surrounding community are always a priority. The company is dedicated to conducting business that ensures the protection of all those affected by our operations including the environment.
Some of our commitments to protecting the Health, Safety and the Environment (HSE) include:
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations covering health, safety and the environment.
- Supplying of appropriate information, instruction and training to create a high degree of awareness of HSE concerns and the responsibility of each employee to prevent injury to themselves and others.
- Implementation of policies and procedures designed to promote safe working practices, and environmental protection that prevent and reduce injuries at work.
- Implementation of safe practices for the use of handling, storing and transporting of materials/substances that eliminate omissions harmful to the environment
- Supplying of all safety apparel and equipment to employees.
- Conducting inspections to ensure all equipment and physical conditions of employees are in in accordance with the HSE policies.